Process is Engagement
The Restorative Practices framework provides an opportunity to:
- explore the RP framework which illustrates a belief in, and practice of, explicit teaching
- examine the theory underlying the practice
- create a fertile ground where staff, students, parents and community gain a common understanding of building and maintaining healthy relationships
- establish a learning environment where students feel safe and are respectful, engaged and proactive learners
- study evidence based research from pilot schools
- provide an opportunity for schools to align their practice with AQTP.
The Elements of the Framework
- Practice Domain
- Fair Process
- Restorative Questions
- Theory of Affects
- Explicit Practice
When teachers, students and parents have an understanding of these elements, there is a greater capacity to engage, develop relationships, repair harm, reflect and measure current practice and improve learning outcomes.